Infrastructure & Learning Resources
• The college is located in 8.28 acres of spacious campus.
• The location and the timings of the college are convenient to the students commuting daily from nearby villages and towns.
• The college has an adequate and beautiful campus with a small garden in the front.
• There are seven separate buildings to house classes, library and laboratories.
• The college provides adequate setup required for teaching different courses from XI th to P.G.
• The classes in the college are conducted in three shifts making the optimium use of the infrastructure.
• The college begins at 7.30 a.m. and closes at 8.15 p.m.
• Indoor / Outdoor Games
• Annual Cultural programmes
• Dance and Music Competitions
• Food festival / Home Science festivals
• Poetry Recitals
Teaching and Learning
• Teaching-Learning process is student-centered.
• The college Faculties use many teaching methods and techniques.
• Group discussions and paper presentations.
• College provides audio-visual aids like OHP, TV, Tape recorder etc.
• Models, Charts and Maps are used from time to time.
• Role Playing.
• Guest lectures of well-known resourse persons are organised.
• Excursion and Tours are organised by various departments.
• The college has developed equipped laboratories of Science, Home Science,Textile,Home Economics,Computer,Geography and Psychology.
• The college has in all 32 computers.
• There is an independent computer center and networking facility.
The College Library
• The spacious Library building stands just behind the main building of the campus.
• The Library hosts a massive collection of 64412 books.
• The College subscribes to 14 daily news papers, 58 periodical/ journals,2100 e-journals & 55100 ebooks
• Library is fully converted into e-Library. Separate section is provided for E-Library
• Library is fully automated with Library automation software
• Library is connected through high speed Internet connection
• OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) is provided for bibliographic record searching
• College Library is registered member of INFLIBNET ,Ahemadabad for NLIST programme
• E-Information resources (CD’S,DVD’s, Online Journal, AV materials, online database ) is available
• Reprographic/Clipping /Information & Notification services is provided
• The reading room of the library has a seating capacity of 120 students.
• There is a separate Reading Room for the faculty.
• Library follows the Library card system.
• Library provides the Book Bank facility.
• There is a separate section of Reference Books.
• There is a big collection of bound volumes of rare books, periodicals & magazines.
• Research students are allowed to use the library.
• External membership is provided
• Working days : Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m
Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
• Reading Room : Monday to Friday 8.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m
Saturday 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
• Indoor Games : Table Tennis, Chess, Carom
• Outdoor Game :Football,Hockey,Volleyball,Basketball,Badminton,Ball Badmintan,Kho-Kho,Kabaddi,Handball,Cricket.
• Incentives are given to the outstanding Players.
• Students are paid TA & DA for inter-collegiate sports events.
• Outstanding Player are given attractive prizes and trophies in the Prize Distribution Function held annually.
• The playground is also used by the Local clubs.
• Sports competitions are held on the ground by other organizations too.
Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya Employees, Co-operative Credit Society
• It is a registered society.
• The Accounts of the society are audited Annually.
• Any confirmed staff members can become the member of this society and are entitled for a loan of Rs. 03 lakhs.
• The society gives loan upto Rs. 3,50,000.00/-
• As per the guidelines of Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Student’s Council is formed every year.
• The students who score highest marks in the previous examinations in the first attempt are nominated as a class-representatives.
• This class Representatives form the Students Council which elects the University Representative.
• The Students Council conducts various annual activities in the college.